Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Win in Winnipeg


With a sort of excitement and a little wave of scary feeling, I got board on a plane with my boss bound for Winnipeg, Manitoba.


Excited for it’s my first time heading this way and not to mention about the pride that boosts me for being chosen from numerous good employees from my company to travel with my boss and to provide a hand to our company branch in Winnipeg.

Scary for the reason that I absolutely have no idea what kind of workers they got and what kind of working habit they have. Would they be so difficult to handle and mingle with or would they be so serious that will make our two weeks stay so boring and dry?


We were welcomed by the very warm greetings of Winnipeg weather, a climate so different from the place we get used to live with, Calgary, Alberta. Not so far different anyway from the Philippines, which is the place where I grew up because of its high humid environment. I murmured to myself that I’m going to love this place.


Expectations flipped otherwise by the time I got to know the guys we got to work with for even the very first time that I met them I already liked them a lot. Two Caucasian funny guys, a Spanish not-to- young-silent “abuelo” (Spanish for grandfather), and an almost-retiree fellow Filipino “lolo”. Bottomline is that I like them a lot and that would be an assurance that I’m going to enjoy my stay here.  

No comments: